Cat enclosures, catios, cat pens and cat houses are all the craze among owners of indoor kitty cats. Felines have been longing to spend time outside and people finally figured out ways to make it happen. So what’s the big deal? Why do cat so many people use cat enclosures?
Cat Enclosures Needed For Indoor Use Too
So cat playpens are not just for outside. Basking in the sun and watching butterflies and birds is fun for your cat, but cat lovers agree; cat enclosures are a top commodity in the home too.
When a cat falls ill, sustains an injury or is recovering from a surgery, it is best to confine the fragile kitty to a cat pen for its own safety. This is most important in homes where there are other cats or pets. The cat pen helps the sick or recovering cat get enough rest as it doesn’t get to move about much or play with other pets if there are any.
RELEVANT: Cute Cardboard Cat Houses
Cat Enclosures Can Be a Safe Haven for Your Kitty Cat
Things you might want to consider when shopping for cat enclosures that will make the experience pleasing for both you and your favorite feline:
- Ease of assembly and set-up
- Is it big enough for your cat to stand up, stretch and turn around in?
- Is it tall enough for your cat to stand up and even stretch?
- Is there a way to protect your kitty from too much sunshine? Is there a roof or shade canopy?
- Do the doors securely close?
- Is the cost reasonable?
- Can you store it easily when you are not using it?
- Does it have a carrying case in case you want to travel with the cat enclosure?
- Are there pockets for your cat’s toys, food, blanket or whatever else you might need?
- Will it be stable if you decide to take it outside?
- Can two cats fit in the cat pen comfortably?
- Can you return it if it does not work out for you?