Valentine’s Day is a special time of year to celebrate romantic love, but it’s also a great time to show your four-legged furry friends some extra love as well! Spending Valentine’s Day with your dog is a fun way to make the holiday special for both of you. This post is all about splurge-worthy Valentine’s Day gift ideas for your dog.
Before I get to the pricier gifts, let’s start out with some very practical and low-cost ways you can simply shower your pup with love and attention. If you are reading this, chances are you already do these things! Adding more time or a special treat to a normal routine can be a big gesture to a canine.
Here are a few ideas for making the most of the day with your pup:
Low-Cost Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Your Dog
Take a Trip to the Dog Park
If the weather’s nice, head to the dog park and let your pup run and play with some of their canine friends. This will give you a chance to spend some quality time with your pup while they get to make some new friends.
Have a Movie Night
Set up a cozy spot in your living room and cuddle up with your pup for a movie night. Put on one of your pup’s favorite films and make sure to have some treats and toys handy to keep them entertained.
Go on an Adventure
Whether it’s a hike, a walk around the neighborhood, or a trip to the beach, getting out and exploring the great outdoors with your pup is a great way to spend Valentine’s Day. An afternoon at the doggy park will make his day if your dog is the dog park tip!
Create a Special Treat
Make your pup a special Valentine’s Day treat. Whip up a batch of homemade dog treats or buy a special pup-friendly treat from the store.
Have a Photo Shoot
Put on your pup’s favorite outfit and have a little photoshoot. You can take some Valentine’s Day-themed photos of your pup, or just capture some cute candid moments. Your dog will love the attention!
Write BFF a love letter
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas For Your Dog: Love letter example 1
Happy Valentine’s Day! I know it’s a special day and I wanted to let you know how much I love and appreciate you. You bring so much joy and laughter into my life and I can’t thank you enough for that.
You make me smile every day with your silly antics and I’m so lucky to have you in my life. I love how you always greet me with such enthusiasm when I come home, no matter how long I’ve been gone. You truly are my furry Valentine!
You always put a paw on my lap when I’m sad or having a bad day, and you never fail to make me laugh. I’m so happy to have you as my best friend and I couldn’t imagine my life without you.
So this Valentine’s Day, I wanted to let you know how much I love and appreciate you. You are my light and my joy, and I am so grateful for you.
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas Your Dog: Love letter example 2
Dear [dog’s name],
Happy Valentine’s Day! It’s hard to believe that we’ve been together for [number of years] now – time sure flies when you’re having fun!
You’re my constant companion and the light of my life. I love taking you for long walks, playing in the park and cuddling up on the couch. You’re so full of love and loyalty and I’m beyond grateful that you’re in my life.
You always make me laugh – whether it’s when you’re running around the house with a toy in your mouth or when you give me “the look” when it’s dinner time. You’re always so eager to please and I know I can always count on you.
I want to let you know that I love you with all my heart. You’re the best Valentine I could ever ask for and I look forward to many more years with you.
With all my love, [Your name]
Splurge Worthy-Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Your Dog
Okay, now let’s go shopping!
If your dog loves to unwrap gifts, as many dogs I know do, you definitely want to wrap his gifts. If he is mellower and not as excited about the ripping, crinkling and digging then a gift basket might be more suitable.
Here are some Valentine’s Day gift ideas for dogs that are insanely cute and blend well with the Valentine’s Day theme and style.
1) Pet Sofa
2) Luxury Indoor Dog House
3) Red Heart Squeak Dog Toy
4) Interactive Heart Squishy Toy
Special Dog Treats
Valentine’s Day is a time for expressing our love and affection to those we care about. Our furry friends are no exception! Show your pup some extra love this Valentine’s Day with savory treats. Dogs love the taste of savory treats and they make a great gift that is sure to be appreciated.
Savory treats are often high in protein, which is important for a healthy, balanced diet. Many savory treats also contain added vitamins and minerals that can help keep your pup healthy and strong. Not only are they good for your pup’s wellbeing, but they’re also a great way to show your pet some extra love.
Treats come in all shapes and sizes, so you can find something that fits your budget. Whether you’re looking for something small and simple or an extravagant treat, there’s something to suit every pup’s taste. Some popular savory treats include jerky, dried fruits and veggies, freeze-dried liver, and even special Valentine’s Day cookies shaped like hearts.
For an extra special touch, why not make some homemade treats for your pup? There are lots of recipes available online and it’s easy to customize them to your dog’s tastes. Homemade treats can be a great way to show your pup just how much you care about them.
Savory treats are a great way to show your pup some extra love this Valentine’s Day. Not only are they delicious, but they’re also packed with nutrients that will help keep your pup healthy and happy.
So show your pup some extra love this Valentine’s Day and surprise them with some savory treats!
Here are a bunch I found, but cooking treats yourself can super heartwarming too!
5) Soft Savories with Peanut Butter & Banana Dog Snacks, Healthy Dog Treats
6) Pawmate Sweet Potato Dog Treats, Healthy Low Fat Natural Soft Sweet Potato Chews for Dog Training Snacks
7) Pawmate Dog Treats Chicken Wrapped Sweet Potato Rawhide Big Stick
8) La La Pet® Donut Dog Cat Bed Cozy Cave Pet Bed Burrow Dog Bed Calming Cuddler Self-Warming Pet Bed
9) PetAmi Puppy Dog Blanket
10) PetAmi Waterproof Dog Blanket Sherpa Fleece
11) KONG Durable Stretchy Rubber Tug of War Dog Toy
12) KONG Ring Durable Rubber Dog Chew Toy
13) Crab Squeaker Toy
14) Elevated Dog Bed for The Proud Pup
Furniture You Both Love
16) No Pull Dog Harness with Name and Phone Number
17) Pet Patio Door
18) BarkBox Monthly Subscription Box
19) Pawstruck Natural Dog Chew Box
20) Monthly Dog Subscription Box with 100% Handmade Treats & 2 Dog Toys:
21) DIY: Fill Up a Dog Toy Box
22) Hand-Make Dog Toys and Fill a Basket
23) Throw a Dog Party
Valentine’s Day is a day for celebrating love, so why not include your furry best friend? Throwing your dog a Valentine’s Day party is a great way to show them how much you care.
Here are some tips to help you plan the perfect celebration for your pup!
Valentine’s Day Party for Your Dog
- Decorate your home with festive elements. Get creative with love-themed decorations such as red and pink balloons and streamers. You can even make a banner with your pup’s name on it!
- Set up a special Valentine’s Day treat station. Fill a bowl with yummy treats like pup-safe heart-shaped cookies that you can find at your local pet store. You can also make some homemade treats like pupcakes and pup-safe pizza.
- Invite your pup’s furry friends. Gather all of your pup’s favorite friends and let them enjoy the party with you. Make sure to have plenty of toys and activities to keep everyone entertained.
- Have a Valentine’s Day photo session. Dress your pup in festive attire and take some cute photos. You can also take photos of your pup with his/her furry friends.
- Don’t forget the presents! Get your pup something special like a new toy or a special treat. It’s the perfect way to show them how much you care.
With these tips, you’re sure to throw an unforgettable Valentine’s Day party for your pup. Get creative and have fun.
No matter how you choose to spend Valentine’s Day with your pup, they’ll be sure to love the extra attention and love. Have fun and enjoy the day with your furry best friend!