The Best Dog Parks Have These 5 Things
According to Statista, there are currently over 89 million dogs in the United States. With that staggering number of dogs, it is only right that a place of pure bliss exists for the canines living amongst us. This place is what has come to be known as dog parks.
Dog parks are a great place as they provide socialization opportunities for dogs and their owners as well. Dog parks are the one place where dogs are at liberty to do what they love doing best – running freely in an open space and playing off-leash with other canines. At dog parks, a dog’s mood is at its peak.
We understand how difficult it can be to find the perfect dog park, so here we’ve outlined 5 things the best dog parks have.
- A Large Space: One of the most important features to look out for in a great dog park is the size of its yard. This feature is important to consider when choosing a dog park to visit. This is because off-leash dogs run around a lot and need enough room to roam. A small sized dog park will get all the dogs cramped which isn’t a good thing as it could breed conflict.
- Gated walls: The fact that dogs are left to run about freely in parks means they could easily leave the safety of the park to explore other places if the park isn’t well fortified. The perfect dog park for your pooch should be such that has a high and solid fence. This will help prevent any dog from slipping away.
- Water fountains: Since dog parks are places where dogs play hard and run around without restraint, it’s important that water fountains be put in place to provide water for canines when they get thirsty. The best dog parks have a water fountain that not only provides clean water for dogs but for their owners as well. So be on the lookout for a dog park that has water fountains.
- A Puppy Area: A great dog park should have an area for large dogs and an area for small dogs. This is to keep the little dogs safe as having them in the same area as the big dogs might be risky. Small dogs are safer playing with other dogs of their size. If you have a small dog, ensure the park you take himto has got a small dog area.
- Small Dog Pool: If you wish for your pooch to have the time of his life, you should consider taking him to a dog park that has a very large space and a small pool where he could dog paddle in. Dogs love to swim and to bring them to a place where they can swim and run around as they want is like bringing them to Doggy Disney.
There you have it! The five things to be found in the best dog parks. We hope you’ve been provided with the needed information, and that you had fun reading this article. Let us know in the comments, do you have a favorite spot to bring your canine? What dog parks do you frequent?
- Why Does My Cat Have Smelly Breath?(Worse Than Normal)
- Delicious Cat Shaped Cookie, Bread And Cake Pans
- Cat Beds That Will Modernize Your Home And Make Your Cat Happy (2022 Update)
- Senior Citizen? Consider These Things When Adopting A Cat
- Essential Food Tools Every Cat Lover Kitchen Needs
Kritter Kommunity Contributor