It can be a challenge to keep your dog out of the cat’s food bowl if you have a multi-pet household. Not only is it an annoyance, but it can also harm your pet’s health if they are consuming food that isn’t appropriate for their diet. However, I recently stumbled upon a product I believe can literally solve your problem. This post is all about a revolutionary way to prevent your dog from eating cat food.
Why Does My Dog Eat The Cat’s Food?
But why do dogs find cat food so tantalizing? It is believed that the smell of the food itself is especially appealing to a dog’s sensitive nose. The high protein content of most cat food also likely makes it attractive to a pup, as many dog breeds require a high-protein diet. Furthermore, the crunchy texture of the food contributes to its allure. All of these factors can make it difficult to keep your pup away from the cat’s food bowl, but with some effort, it is possible to do so.
How Much Cat Food Can My Dog Devour Before It Is Too Much?
While it may be funny at first to witness your pup snacking on your feline’s food, it is important to be aware of some of the potential risks involved.
Cats are wired differently than canines; literally! Felines are obligate carnivores, meaning their diets require higher amounts of protein than what your pup is used to.
Additionally, cat food is often higher in fat, which can cause your pup to become overweight if they are frequently noshing from the cat’s bowl. Even if your pup only indulges in your kitty’s food once in a while, they may experience some digestive discomfort such as gas and an upset stomach.
Furthermore, if your pup is regularly eating your cat’s food, then they won’t be receiving the necessary nutrients their body needs to stay healthy.
Lastly, your feline will be missing out on meals they need, which could lead to a decrease in the harmony between your pup and your kitty.
It could cause stress and resentments between them and prevent them from being companions instead of threats to each other.
These reasons are exactly why this company designed a revolutionary cat food bowl. It is one of those ideas that is simple yet quite extraordinary because it makes such an impact.
RELEVANT: How Can I Improve My Cat’s Teeth: Best Cat Food
Cat Diner Food Bowl and Window Cat Shelf
The K&H Pet Products EZ Mount Up and Away Kitty Diner Cat Food Bowl is a revolutionary way to feed your cat. Its clever design allows you to mount it to any window, saving you valuable counter space.
Mounts to your windows in order to keep your cat’s food out of reach from other pets in the household.
- Easy installation on any glass surface
- Innovative suction cup system for freeing up floor space
- Durable 12oz. stainless steel bowl is dishwasher safe
- Provides your cat with a secure spot away from other pets
The bowl is made of stainless steel and black plastic, making it both stylish and durable. The 12 ounce capacity means your cat won’t go hungry, and the raised design makes it easy to access their food. With the K&H Pet Products EZ Mount Up and Away Kitty Diner Cat Food Bowl, you can give your cat a convenient, comfortable dining experience.
- Securely attaches to any smooth, non-porous surface with a highly reliable suction cup system
- Keeps cats’ food away from other pets, so you don’t have to worry about your dog eating cat food that isn’t good for them
- Refill and clean with ease using the removable, dishwasher safe stainless steel bowl
- 12 ounce stainless steel bowl is designed to be accessible only to cats
- K&H has 20+ years of experience in designing safe, innovative, and quality products for pets
Super Easy To Install
To ensure that your suction cups mount securely and remain in place, it’s essential to keep them clean and well-maintained. Here are some tips to help you:
1. First, make sure the window is clean and completely dry, without any residue.
2. Use a mild detergent to clean your suction cups and rinse them thoroughly. Make sure to dry them completely.
3. To keep your window and suction cups in optimal condition, clean them monthly.
HELPFUL HINT: Warming the suction cups prior to mounting them can make the process easier. Try soaking the cups in hot water or set them in the sun for a few minutes before you mount them.
RELEVANT: Cat Shelves With Bridges
“This has been the perfect solution for us. It is very durable and has amazing holding power. Our cat’s food is now elevated so the dog can’t get it. Our cat gets his fair amount of food and the dog no longer gets his cat food snack!!! Highly recommend!”
“Works perfect!! Now my dogs can’t get out cats food. Works great and is sturdy.”
“I did not expect this to be as sturdy as it is! I am so glad to have purchased this. Now I can keep my cat food out of my dogs reach! Thank you!”
K&H began in 1998 with a mission to provide pet owners with safe, high-quality products that would improve the lives of both pets and their owners. Since then, they have been continuously innovating and striving to exceed expectations, and more than 20 years, they are still going strong.
For designing with cat shelf ideas, check out our suggested reading list:
Cat Shelves With Feeding Stations: The Perfect Place To Feed Your Kitty Cat
How Biophilia Designing Can Improve Your Pet’s Well-Being
Floating Cat Shelves: Elevating Your Feline’s Comfort And Style!
Cat Window Perch Ideas Your Cat Will Obsess Over
Rock Your Cat’s World: Curved Cat Shelves
The Prettiest Macrame Cat Hammocks I Have Ever Seen
Latest Blog Posts
- Golden Tips for Adopting Goldendoodle Puppies: A Guide to the Furry and Friendly Crossbreed
- What To Put In A Catio: Must-Haves, Nice-to-Haves, And Decor Preferences
- Clean vs. Messy Cat Rooms: What Felines Really Prefer
- Tips and Tricks For Making Your Catio Super Pretty
- Understanding And Caring For Your Feline: Insights From A Cat Mom