Well this is pretty obvious for a dog parent to know, but celebrating how your dog loves you never gets old. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, we thought it would be fun to pull together all the loving ways your dog shows his affection for his BFF.
- Tail wags – A dog’s tail can be one of the most reliable indicators of how they are feeling. If a dog’s tail is wagging, it usually means they are excited and happy to see you.
- Snuggles – Dogs love to snuggle up close to their owners, especially when they’re feeling particularly loving. This can be a great way to show your pup that you care deeply.
- Big smiles – A happy pup will often show their joy with a big smile. This is a surefire sign that your pup is content and loves being around you.
- Licking – Many dogs love to lick their owners as a way of showing affection. While this isn’t always desirable, it is a sign that your pup loves you and wants to be close to you.
- Following you – If your pup follows you around the house, it is likely a sign that they are seeking your attention and want to be close to you.
- Playful behavior – Dogs often show their affection through playful behavior such as running around the house, playing fetch, and wanting to be petted.
- Alertness – When a dog is alert and attentive to your commands, it is usually a sign that they are trying to please you and show that they love you.
- Protective behavior – If your pup is showing signs of protectiveness, such as barking or growling when someone comes close to you, it is usually a sign that they love you and want to keep you safe.
- Leaning In – A dog that loves his owner will lean in to him when he’s nearby. It’s a sign of affection and trust.
- Looking Into Your Eyes – A dog that loves his owner will look into his eyes. This is a sign of deep connection and affection.
Ultimately, each doggy is unique and the way they show their affection towards their owners will vary. However, these are some of the most common signs that your pup loves you and wants to be close to you.
Show Your Love For Your Dog
There are of course lots of ways to reciprocate the love; here are a few ways!
- Get your dog a luxury indoor home of his own.
- Spend extra time playing with your dog.
- Take your dog to the dog park and let him run his little butt off.
- Take him with you when you travel.
- Teach him new tricks and reward him with treats and praise.
- Have a dog party for him and his friends.
- Create a dog-friendly space or room for him.
- Find a dog walker he loves.
RELEVANT: How Do I Make My Room Dog Friendly?
Love Hormone In Dogs
Did you know that Oxytocin, the “cuddle hormone,” plays a big part in your dog’s adoration of you? This powerful hormone is responsible for the strong bond that forms between pet owners and their furry friends.
Oxytocin is released when we interact with our pets in a meaningful way, such as petting, playing, and spending time together. This hormone is known to reduce stress, boost our mood, and promote a sense of trust and connection. When Oxytocin levels increase, dogs become more relaxed and comfortable around their owners, leading to an increase in the adoration they feel.
There are several things pet owners can do to encourage Oxytocin release in their dogs. Positive reinforcement through treats, verbal praise, and physical affection are all great ways to bond with your pet and boost their Oxytocin levels. Spending quality time together, such as taking walks and playing games, can also help strengthen the bond between pet owner and pup.
Studies have found that Oxytocin is an important factor in a dog’s adoration of their pet owner. So the next time your pup looks at you with those big, adoring eyes, remember that it’s not just love they’re feeling, it’s the powerful effects of Oxytocin.
One of the many benefits of being a pet parent is the time you get to spend enjoying the company of unconditional love. Have fun this Valentine’s Day with your fur baby!
All in all, it’s quite clear that your dog loves you and shows it in many ways. From the long walks to the cuddles, your pup is showing you that they care and enjoy spending time with you. Whether it’s a big wet kiss or a playful nudge, your pup is always there to remind you of how much they care. So don’t forget to show them love in return, it will mean the world to them!