Cat shelves are an innovative way to make your feline friend’s living space more enjoyable. There are a variety of styles to choose from and I am going to explore cat hammock shelves. Your cat will thank me!
Cat shelves provide felines with a place to relax and play, but they also give them an opportunity to explore and climb, which can help stimulate their minds and bodies. Now add a hammock and you have an exuberantly versatile piece of wall cat furniture!
What are cat hammock shelves?
Cat hammock shelves are a hybrid piece of cat furniture. They provide a unique, elevated lounging spot that cats love to curl up in and take a nap. Not only are they a great place to relax, but they also provide a unique, elevated view of their surroundings. Cat wall shelf hammocks come in a variety of styles and sizes, and there are many different benefits to using one. From offering a cozy place to rest, to helping cats stay active and engaged, cat hammock shelves are a great addition to any home.
Are cat hammock shelves hard to install?
For the most part, cat hammock shelves are super easy to install and come in a variety of materials, sizes, and shapes to make sure your cat has the perfect spot. With the right cat shelf, your furry friend will have a safe and comfortable space to explore and enjoy. The best way to find the easiest hammock shelf to install is to check comments from verifiable customers.
Design ideas for cat hammock shelves
When designing a wall with cat hammock shelves, it’s important to consider the desired aesthetic, space, and function. Begin by determining the size, shape, and placement of your shelves.
It is recommended that cat shelves should be spaced 12-18 inches apart for smaller cats, and 18-24 inches apart for larger cats. This distance allows cats to safely jump from shelf to shelf and provides enough stability to support the weight of a cat. Be sure to secure your cat shelves to the wall for added stability.
Measure the wall and determine the size of the shelves and how many shelves you will be hanging for your fur baby. Next, consider the style and color of the shelves that will work best with the room’s decor.
Once the shelves are chosen, you can decide how you will arrange them on the wall. You may want to create a symmetrical design or place them asymmetrically. You may also need to consider the weight of the items that will be placed on the shelves when deciding how to anchor them to the wall. Be sure to ask your cat what she likes! No, seriously, consider her preferences.
Here are some questions to ask yourself before installing your feline’s wall jungle gym.
- How high up will your cat like to be when in her hammock?
- What part of the room does your cat like to observe most?
- Can the hammock or shelf you install face a window or sliding glass door for observing?
- Where will you be comfortable with your cat perching in your home?
Who makes cat hammock shelves?
- Furmia – This stylish hammock features a sleek design with solid wood slats and a plush cushion to make your cat feel cozy and secure.
- The CatastrophiCreations Corner Wall-Mounted Cat Hammock – This hammock mounts to the corner of your wall, with a stylish, modern design and durable construction.
- 7 Ruby Road – This cat hammock shelf is designed to mount on your wall and offers a comfortable, droopy perch for your cat to lounge in.
- CatastrophiCreations Wall-Mounted Cat Hammock – This hammock has a modern design that easily mounts to the wall and provides a cozy spot for your feline friend.
- Loafing Cat Hammock – This wall-mounted hammock offers a unique and stylish with a stepping system for your cat to crawl and crash easily.
A cat hammock shelf is such a great addition to your cat’s home space. Not only can she enjoy some of her own space, she will be able to use the hammock as a crash pad. Cats enjoy the elevation a shelving system gives them.
For designing with cat shelf ideas, check out our suggested reading list: