Can air purifiers help reduce pet allergies?
Pet air purifiers can definitely help reduce allergic reactions caused by pet fur and dander. The do a good job at getting tiny particles out of the air that trigger many allergic reactions such as sneezing, watery eyes and asthma. A bonus to having an air purifier is they will also eliminate or greatly reduce pet odors associated with dogs and cats. Be gone kitty cat litter box smell! This article is all about how a pet air purifier can help reduce cat dander and pet odor in any home or apartment.
Air purifiers consist of a fan that draws in air and one or more filters made of materials like paper, fiberglass or mesh. These filters capture and neutralize pollutants and particles as the air passes through them, before releasing clean air back into the living space.
Air purifiers can improve the air quality and create a safer environment for you and your pet by reducing short-term irritation and the long-term effects of exposure to pollutants that could cause serious health problems.
This post was updated October, 2022
Bissell Smart Purifier with HEPA and Carbon Filters for Large Room and Home
- We love this one because it helps animals in need; each purchase goes to the Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Each pet air purifier includes a 3 stage filtration. One fabric pre-filter, one activated carbon filter and one HEPA filter which captures 99.97% of 0.3 micron particles and smaller. So this means dog and cat dander, pollen, dust, smoke, AND pet hair will be removed from the air.
- Nice and quiet, this pet air purifier boasts a whisper-quiet fan with several speed options. There is even a night mode which makes this ideal for bedrooms too.
LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies and Pets Hair
- The Levoit pet air purifier has a sleep mode and a timer making this good for the bedroom and for pet owners who work away from home. The QuietKEAP Technology boasts a quiet purrrr so noise is kept to a minimum.
- We love this air purifier because it includes a pet lock button, preventing your cat or dog from tampering with any of the other buttons or settings.
- This air cleaner includes a 1-year warranty and a lifetime of customer support from their headquarters in California. If you want the warranty extended for another year, all you have to do is register online!
- RELEVANT: How Do I Make My Room Dog Friendly?
- This HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air.
- Pet pure filter – An antimicrobial agent is added to the filter to inhibit the A mold and mildew buster is added to the filter which is antimicrobial and reduces bacteria on the filter’s surface.
- A UV-C light assists in killing virus germs like the flu, staph and even rhinovirus.
Less allergens and pollutants in the air will provide a cleaner living all around
Having clean air and using a purifier is much better than trying to use scented candles (which are dangerous for pets) or scented fresheners which can be toxic to your cat or dog.
Additional information can be found in this list:
Pet air purifiers cannot only decrease pet odor, they can literally help cat and dog owners have a healthier lifestyle. Less allergens and pollutants in the air will provide a fresher and cleaner living all around.