Can air purifiers help reduce pet allergies?
Pet air purifiers can definitely help reduce allergic reactions caused by pet fur and dander. The do a good job at getting tiny particles out of the air that trigger many allergic reactions such as sneezing, watery eyes and asthma. A bonus to having an air purifier is they will also eliminate or greatly reduce pet odors associated with dogs and cats. Be gone kitty cat litter box smell! This article is all about how a pet air purifier can help reduce cat dander and pet odor in any home or apartment.
This post was updated October, 2022
Bissell Smart Purifier with HEPA and Carbon Filters for Large Room and Home
- We love this one because it helps animals in need; each purchase goes to the Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Each pet air purifier includes a 3 stage filtration. One fabric pre-filter, one activated carbon filter and one HEPA filter which captures 99.97% of 0.3 micron particles and smaller. So this means dog and cat dander, pollen, dust, smoke, AND pet hair will be removed from the air.
- Nice and quiet, this pet air purifier boasts a whisper-quiet fan with several speed options. There is even a night mode which makes this ideal for bedrooms too.
LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies and Pets Hair
- The Levoit pet air purifier has a sleep mode and a timer making this good for the bedroom and for pet owners who work away from home. The QuietKEAP Technology boasts a quiet purrrr so noise is kept to a minimum.
- We love this air purifier because it includes a pet lock button, preventing your cat or dog from tampering with any of the other buttons or settings.
- This air cleaner includes a 1-year warranty and a lifetime of customer support from their headquarters in California. If you want the warranty extended for another year, all you have to do is register online!
- RELEVANT: How Do I Make My Room Dog Friendly?
- This HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air.
- Pet pure filter – An antimicrobial agent is added to the filter to inhibit the A mold and mildew buster is added to the filter which is antimicrobial and reduces bacteria on the filter’s surface.
- A UV-C light assists in killing virus germs like the flu, staph and even rhinovirus.
Less allergens and pollutants in the air will provide a cleaner living all around
Having clean air and using a purifier is much better than trying to use scented candles (which are dangerous for pets) or scented fresheners which can be toxic to your cat or dog. Our article recently published is a good read for additional information on this topic:
Pet air purifiers cannot only decrease pet odor, they can literally help cat and dog owners have a healthier lifestyle. Less allergens and pollutants in the air will provide a fresher and cleaner living all around.
Kritter Kommunity Contributor
Introducing a new member to your family is a big decision, and there are many factors to consider when selecting the perfect pup. If you love the Albert Einstein type then this post is for you! Below is a list of the top 35 smartest dogs you can adopt. Dog Adoption Considerations Do you want…
Poodles are one of the most popular breeds of dogs, and they can suffer from the same health issues that can affect other breeds. So, can Poodles get lice? Yep, one of those health issues is lice, which is a type of parasitic insect that feeds on the skin and hair of its host. This…
Feline estrus, also known as the ‘heat’ cycle, is the period in which female cats become sexually receptive and are able to become pregnant. This post is all about when cats go into heat. During feline estrus (‘heat’), cats exhibit a variety of behaviors, some of which can be quite dramatic. This cycle can last…
Planning an awesome pool party for your pup and their friends can be a lot of fun! Here are some steps to make sure your pup’s pool party goes off without a hitch. This post is all about planning a fun dog pool party. First Dog Pool Party Tips Whether you’re a first-time dog pool…
Exercise cat wheels are a great way for felines to stay active and entertained. Not only do these wheels provide cats with an activity to keep them from being bored, but they also offer a great physical workout for them. Exercise cat wheels also help cats stay healthy, as running helps to keep their joints…
Planning a doggy party? Make sure you don’t forget the charcuterie board! This post is all about building a dog-friendly charcuterie board for your dog’s next party. A charcuterie board is a great way to impress your canine guests and and their parents (of course!) The most important factors to your charcuterie board is to…