Can air purifiers help reduce pet allergies?
Pet air purifiers can definitely help reduce allergic reactions caused by pet fur and dander. The do a good job at getting tiny particles out of the air that trigger many allergic reactions such as sneezing, watery eyes and asthma. A bonus to having an air purifier is they will also eliminate or greatly reduce pet odors associated with dogs and cats. Be gone kitty cat litter box smell! This article is all about how a pet air purifier can help reduce cat dander and pet odor in any home or apartment.
Bissell Smart Purifier with HEPA and Carbon Filters for Large Room and Home
- We love this one because it helps animals in need; each purchase goes to the Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Each pet air purifier includes a 3 stage filtration. One fabric pre-filter, one activated carbon filter and one HEPA filter which captures 99.97% of 0.3 micron particles and smaller. So this means dog and cat dander, pollen, dust, smoke, AND pet hair will be removed from the air.
- Nice and quiet, this pet air purifier boasts a whisper-quiet fan with several speed options. There is even a night mode which makes this ideal for bedrooms too.
LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies and Pets Hair
- The Levoit pet air purifier has a sleep mode and a timer making this good for the bedroom and for pet owners who work away from home. The QuietKEAP Technology boasts a quiet purrrr so noise is kept to a minimum.
- We love this air purifier because it includes a pet lock button, preventing your cat or dog from tampering with any of the other buttons or settings.
- This air cleaner includes a 1-year warranty and a lifetime of customer support from their headquarters in California. If you want the warranty extended for another year, all you have to do is register online!
- This HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air.
- Pet pure filter – An antimicrobial agent is added to the filter to inhibit the A mold and mildew buster is added to the filter which is antimicrobial and reduces bacteria on the filter’s surface.
- A UV-C light assists in killing virus germs like the flu, staph and even rhinovirus.
Pet air purifiers cannot only decrease pet odor, they can literally help cat and dog owners have a healthier lifestyle. Less allergens and pollutants in the air will provide a fresher and cleaner living all around.
Kritter Kommunity Contributor
Cat beds are necessary for your kitty cat’s sleeping pleasure, but they can also be stunning pieces of furniture; if you get the right bed! These beds have been paw-picked specifically with the modern cat lady in mind. And don’t worry, if you are a cat daddy you will love them too and so will…
Adopting a new kitten or an older cat is an exciting adventure! There are a few steps that we recommend you take before your new feline arrives in order to prepare your home for her properly. This post is all about steps to take for bringing home your new kitty cat. Bringing home a kitty…
Around 67% of households in the U.S. (or 85 million families) own a pet in the U.S., according to a survey conducted by the American Pet Products Association (APPA). Moreover, the vast majority of people consider their pets to be part of the family. Like their humans, however, pets have a carbon ‘pawprint’ that can be reduced…
Is your cat as stylish as you are? Well he is in for a real treat if he appreciates luxury cat furniture. Tuft and Paw has a portfolio of amazing, jaw-dropping, head-turning pieces for your feline that you will love too. This post is all about The Grove cat perch by Tuft and Paw, the…
It’s no secret that pets are some of our most important family members. From a cat or dog to a beautiful bird, all pet parents want to give their best friends a comfortable space and lots of love. One way you can make your pet’s life better is by providing them with a cozy, convenient pet nook….
The verdict is in. According to this report, Main Coons are some of the most-loved cat breeds in America. The reasons are obvious: they have stunning looks, love to play, have gentle personalities, and are cuddly. But, perhaps the most compelling reason why cat-lovers prefer Maine Coons is that they are friendly cats. One could…